White Bean Dip with Roasted Garlic & Herbs
Recipe provided by Naturally Ella
- 5 to 6 cloves roasted garlic (see note)
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 cups cannelini beans (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or as needed.)
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 10 minutes Serves: 6 servings
- In a food processor, pulse roasted garlic cloves until minced. Add in the herbs, pulsing a few more times to mince.
- Measure in the beans, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Run the food process until the dip is smooth, adding 1 tablespoons more of olive oil or lemon juice as needed based on taste and texture.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
Tips & Tricks: My favorite way to roast garlic is to cut the top from the head, enough to expose the garlic, rub generously with olive oil, then place face-down in a roasting pan. Roast at 400˚ F for 30 to 40 minutes, turning over after 30 minutes and continuing to cook until soft.
Author: Erin Alderson