Grilled Corn, Romaine and Avocado Salad
Recipe provided by Raley's
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tomatillos, peeled and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
Prep: 20 minutes, Cook: 10 mins., Serves: 4
- Place lettuce cut side down on a well-oiled grill and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely charred; remove from grill and set aside. Grill corn, tomatillos and jalapeño over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- When cool enough to handle, cut corn kernels from cob and place in a medium bowl. Remove and discard stem from tomatillos and stem and seeds from jalapeño pepper; finely chop both and add to bowl with corn.
- Stir together olive oil, lime juice, salt and garlic in a small bowl. Stir into corn mixture, then lightly stir in cilantro and avocado. Divide corn mixture onto each romaine half and sprinkle with tomatoes.
Nutrition per serving: 313 calories, 8 g protein, 20 g total fat (3 g sat., 0 g trans), 33 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 0 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 11 points