Make Your Own Chipotle Cherry Barbecue Sauce
Recipe provided by Raley's
- 3 cups fresh local cherries, pitted (Raley’s works with local growers like the Costamanga Family, the Pittos, and the Cataldos)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup brown sugar (depending on sweetness of cherries)
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle peppers plus 1 tbsp. adobo sauce from can
- Salt to taste
Prep: 25 minutes, Cook: 30 mins., Makes: 2 cups
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and increase heat slightly; cook for 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Let cool, then puree in a blender or food processor.*
*Use caution when blending hot liquids. Hold blender lid down with a kitchen towel while blender is running.
(based on 1/4-cup serving): 70 calories, 1 g protein, 0 g total fat (0 g sat., 0 g trans), 19 g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 13 g sugar, 0 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 1 point