Why not grow everything you need to make a delicious salad at home! So of course, the most important ingredient are the greens, and they’re super easy to grow! You can grow greens in a pot or in the ground, but we recommend growing in raised beds.
ITEMS YOU’LL NEED:
- Pick a location for your raised bed or container that gets morning sun (full direct hot afternoon sun can cause wilting)
- Mixed salad greens starter plants
- E.B. Stone Organic Raised Bed Mix
- E.B. Stone Sure Start Organic Fertilizer
- E.B. Stone Tomato & Veg Organic Food
Step 1: Fill your raised bed or container with E.B. Stone Organic Raised Bed Mix
Step 2: Dig holes in the soil that are 6-8 inches apart
Step 3: Remove the greens out of the grower pots and massage the roots, place in the holes
Step 4: Sprinkle E.B. Stone Sure Start Organic Fertilizer on the roots to help reduce transplant shock
Step 5: Fill the remainder of the pot with the soil. Gently press the soil around the plant and water thoroughly.
Note: *Be sure to feed with E.B. Stone Tomato & Veg Organic Food and water regularly throughout the growing season.