Grilled Asparagus and Green Onions
Recipe provided by Raley's
by : Eat Farm to Fork
- 3 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 8 slender green onions
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 oz. goat cheese or feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 6 mins., Serves: 4
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- To make dressing, whisk together 2 1/2 tbsp. oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in small bowl. Whisk in thyme and set aside.
- Trim onions to same length as asparagus spears. Combine asparagus and onions in medium bowl. Add remaining 1 tbsp. oil and toss to coat. Place vegetables on grill rack and grill, turning often, about 6 minutes for onions and about 4 minutes for asparagus, until lightly browned, crisp and tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving platter. Whisk dressing again and drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat. Top with goat cheese and garnish with thyme sprigs, if you wish. Serve hot or at room temperature.