- 30 medium-thin asparagus stalks (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 4 ounces peppered or herb Boursin cheese, softened
- ¼ pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- ¼ cup honey mustard (Dijon, preferably)
Prep: May be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Makes: 30 appetizers
- Trim asparagus so that spears are 5 inches long
- In a deep skillet bring 1 ½ inches salted water to a boil and cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes
- In a colander drain asparagus and rinse under cold water. Drain asparagus well on paper towels. Blot dry.
- In a bowl, mash Boursin with a fork until smooth
- Cut 1 slice prosciutto lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips and spread a strip with about ½ teaspoon Boursin
- Spread about ¼ teaspoon mustard over Boursin and carefully wrap prosciutto strip in a spiral around 1 asparagus spear, trimming any excess
- Make more appetizers with remaining prosciutto, Boursin, mustard, and asparagus in same manner
*Recipe provided by 106.5 The Wake Up Call’s, Gavin’s mother!
Tags : appetizerasparaguschristmasciycook it yourselfholidaysprosciuttorecipesidethanksgivingwrapped