Chef Q’s Braised Beef Short Ribs
Recipe provided by Plates Midtown
- 20 (pieces) short ribs
- 4 onions, ¼ inch dice
- 1 bunch celery, ¼ inch dice
- 6 carrots, ¼ inch dice
- 1 bunch each sage, rosemary, thyme
- 1 bottle red wine (750ml)
- 4 cups whole peeled tomatoes
- Beef stock
- Season slabs of ribs generously with salt and pepper
- In a hot rondeau, sear all sides of meat
- Remove meat from pan and add vegetables and herbs, sauté until vegetables are soft
- Deglaze with red wine, cook 4-5 minutes, add tomato and cook 4-5 minutes. Add enough stock to just cover ribs.
- Braise ribs for 3 hrs or until they give no resistance, strain stock and add back to ribs and cool.
Recipe provided by Chef Q at Plates Midtown