Greek Lamb Wraps
Presented by Sinclair Family Farms
GREEK LAMB WRAPS
- 12 pounds of boneless lamb shoulder roast from Sinclair Family Farm
4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
1/2cup thinly sliced onion (1 medium)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
1 large clove garlic, minced
8x 7″ flour tortillas
2 cups shredded fresh spinach
1 1/2 cups chopped cucumber (about 1 medium)
1/2 cup chopped tomato (1 medium)
1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle Greek seasoning evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. Place onion in cooker. Top with meat and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, and garlic. Cover and chill until needed.
- Remove meat and onion from cooker. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds. If necessary, skim fat from cooking liquid. Return meat and onion to liquid in cooker; stir to moisten.
- For wraps, spread one side of each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture. Using a slotted spoon, spoon a scant 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 cup spinach, 3 tablespoons cucumber, 1 tablespoon tomato, and about 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up tortillas.
Per serving: 323 kcal cal., 13 g fat (5 g sat. fat, 2 g polyunsaturated fat, 4 g monounsaturated fat), 78 mg chol., 549 mg sodium, 22 g carb., 3 g fiber, 2 gsugar, 27g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet