Heirloom Tomato Tart with Goat Cheese, Shallots & Thyme
Recipe provided by Raley's
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese (in our Deli)
- 1 tbsp. minced shallots
- 1-1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced*
- 1-1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (in our Deli)
Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 35 minutes, Serves: 4 main or 6 to 8 appetizer
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly spray a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with nonstick cooking spray
- Mix together goat cheese, shallots and thyme in a small bowl
- Press pie crust dough onto bottom and sides of pan. Prick bottom with the tines of a fork and bake for 15 minutes
- Spread goat cheese mixture over the bottom of the crust, then top with tomato slices
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes.
*It’s OK to substitute regular tomatoes in this recipe, too.
Wine Suggestion: Bonterra Chardonnay – This tangy tart would partner well with a Sauvignon Blanc, but we also like it with this creamy Chardonnay made with organic grapes.