Grilled Tomato Boursin Sandwiches
Recipe provided by Raley's
by : Eat Farm to Fork
- 4 pita bread rounds, divided
- 1 (4.4- oz.) container Boursin Cheese (in our Deli)
- 6 thick slices tomato, halved
- 6 thin slices sweet onion
- Sea salt and pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp. basil snipped
Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: about 4 minutes, Serves: 4
- Make a 3-inch slit in one edge of each pita bread and spread equal amounts of cheese on the inside of each
- Season tomatoes and onions with salt and pepper
- Cook pitas, tomatoes and onions on a well-oiled grill over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until vegetables are warmed and pita bread is lightly crisped on both sides.
- To assemble sandwiches, place equal amounts of tomato and onion slices on 2 pitas; top with basil and remaining pitas. Cut each in half and serve.
Sauvignon Blanc – A zesty New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is a must-have with the fresh tomatoes of these sandwiches.
Nutritional Information: 287 calories, 29 g protein, 11 g total fat (3 g sat., 0 g trans), 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 147 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 9 points