Chicken with Watermelon Blueberry Grilling Glaze
Recipe provided by Raley's
by : Eat Farm to Fork
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 (6-oz.) container fresh blueberries (1-1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 lbs. Raley’s fresh chicken drumsticks or thighs
Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: about 45 minutes, Serves: 6
- Puree watermelon and blueberries in a blender. Transfer to a medium saucepan and stir in remaining ingredients except chicken.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat slightly and boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture has reduced to a nice glaze, stirring frequently.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side or until it reaches 165˚F internally, brushing with sauce during grilling.
Nutritional Information: 287 calories, 29 g protein, 11 g total fat (3 g sat., 0 g trans), 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 147 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 9 points