- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. kirsch (cherry liqueur)
- 1½ tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 (14.1- oz.) box refrigerated pie crust dough
Prep: 30 minutes, Cook: about 30 minutes, Makes: 14 small desserts
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Stir together sugar, kirsch, cornstarch and extract in a medium saucepan. Stir in cherries and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cherries are softened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Unroll pie crusts and trim about 3/4 inch from each side to make a square. Cut each square into 6 equal pieces. Reroll scraps to make 14 dough squares. Place equal amounts of cherries on one side of each. Moisten edges with water and fold over. Pinch edges to seal dough, then crimp with a fork. Make several small slits in each for steam to vent.
- Place on prepared baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information: (one pie): 162 calories, 1 g protein, 7 g total fat (3 g sat.), 23 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 3 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 4 points