Beef Breakfast Burrito
Recipe provided by California Beef Council
- 12 ounces Ground Beef (96% lean)
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons ground ancho chile powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded Cheddar cheese
4 medium spinach or plain flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine Lime-Cilantro Cream ingredients in small bowl, if desired. Set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef with bell pepper, onion, chili powder and cumin; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from beef mixture from skillet; keep warm
- Combine eggs, water and 1 tablespoon cilantro in medium bowl. Spray same skillet with cooking spray. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, if desired. Stir in beef mixture and cheese; cook 1 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally
- Spoon beef mixture evenly in a row across center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border on right and left sides. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up; cut diagonally in half. Serve with Lime-Cilantro Cream and salsa, as desired
Test Kitchen Tips
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutritional Information: 446 calories; 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 270 mg cholesterol; 824 mg sodium; 41 g carbohydrate; 3.3 g fiber; 33 g protein; 6.8 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.2 mcg vitamin B12; 5.6 mg iron; 44.6 mcg selenium; 5.0 mg zinc; 193.9 mg choline.